Sunday, August 5, 2007

Be a Duck

Kevin is driving back to Ohio tonight. It's always hard to say goodbye for the week on Sunday evening.

Tonight it felt impossible. And as bad as it feels to me, I know it has to feel much worse for Kevin.

We've talked to the girls and a few very close friends but are generally holding off until we have more information. There are still more questions than answers which frustrates everyone.

Someone asked how I was staying so calm. This cracked me up. The doctor and one of the nurses at the hospital on Friday asked if I worked in the medical field. They said I was very calm which usually indicates experience.

I keep thinking of a poster I used to have. It showed a duck gliding serenely across a pond. The caption said something about looking calm above and paddling like hell underneath.

I'm a duck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: