Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Be an AssBackward Optimist

I usually have a safety pin, something to write with and a couple of bucks in my pocket.

I am an optimist.

Some people might argue to the contrary. It could be said that I see the worst case scenario.

THAT'S what makes me an optimist. I've looked at the entire picture, examined the good and the bad possibilities. And I have a plan. Sort of. It may not be complete and it may not be a good plan, but I've usually got something in my back pocket for dealing with whatever crap falls out of the sky in the meantime.

The assbackward optimist in me doesn't precisely have a plan for coping with and helping Kevin through this cancer, but I have armed myself with enough information to be able to get the information we need from the doctors who are going to save his life.

I know some of the questions we need to ask. And that's enough of a plan to satisfy
me for now.

Paddle like hell. And carry a safety pin for emergencies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: