Friday, August 31, 2007

Dancing and Sleeping

We celebrate differently.

Kevin is sleeping. It's the well earned sleep of a man who has been waiting for days.

I've been dancing. You know the dance Snoopy the beagle does in the old Charlie Brown TV specials? I've been doing my best Snoopy happy dance.

Dr. Francis called late today to share the great news that Kevin's lymph nodes are clear. No cancer. The guidelines suggest that you biopsy at least 12 nodes. The pathologist checked 16 and all were cancer free.

It was a great moment. We laughed, we cried, Kevin was quick to offer a thankful prayer. We made a lot of phone calls and sent a lot of emails.

For Kevin this is the best news he's had in 4 weeks. He can rest now.

I'm a little concerned that the surgeon and the oncologist aren't going to agree about Kevin not needing further treatment. I've been reading again.

But for this weekend I'm not raining on Kevin's parade. He's earned the rest and the peace of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: