Saturday, August 11, 2007

Everything's Funny...or Not

I'm not sure if the slightly dark humor invading our conversations is a sign of avoiding the worry or accepting the reality.

It's kind of the typical operating mode for the girls and I but even Kevin is getting in some good ones now.

Today I was already in the produce aisles at WalMart when he came in from parking the truck.

"Hey, I saw a car with pink ribbons on it in the parking lot."
"Yes, honey. I think those are for breast cancer awareness."
"I know. But I was thinking...if breast cancer gets a pink ribbon, what color is MY ribbon?"

I stop the cart and stare at him.

"Because I'm thinking the ribbon for rectal cancer has to be BROWN."

I laughed until I cried. Maybe because it was so funny. Maybe because it was even funnier coming from Kevin. Maybe because he has cancer and nothing is really funny right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: