Friday, August 10, 2007

Daycare Notes

We decided talking to the daycare parents is a priority. With school due to start within days, we want them to have options.

These children and their parents are part of our family; we belong to one another. Most of our daycare kids come as newborns and stay until school age or longer. Sometimes things in their home lives makes this their extended home. Nights and weekends. Holidays.

Throwing their lives into chaos is one of our biggest concerns.

We were blown away by their concern and support.

I'm mad at cancer. Mad that it threatens so much of what I love in my life.

But for now there's a plan in place to keep us going. The parents have humbled me with their trust and loyalty and their concern for how we are coping.

It means the world to me that they think it's worth some effort to keep their children here with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: