Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Stories, Books and Life--January 2008

January 2008--The bookshelves in Ohio are groaning under their new load. Claiming this part of ourselves--readers--was a priority in unpacking. Living it is another thing. Kevin's side of the bed has a Bible, several rosaries and his iTouch. The rosaries are the only thing looking used. My side of the bed has research on a new chemotherapy drug and radiation side effects. The new edition of Reader's Digest peeks, untouched, from the front pouch of my Waccom bag. Kevin isn't feeling well and the glaring witness of how sick I think he may be is in that bag--copies of his latest tests, a list of phone numbers and the Reader's Digest because I've learned a hospital stay will require reading I can toss down quickly and pick up on later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: