Thursday, January 17, 2008

Up and Back Down

I don't think we'll make it to morning without having to go to the emergency room.

This isn't the flu. Or if it is the flu, it's beyond home care.

The endless vomiting is back and the abdomincal pain has increased. He looks awful.

He looked a lot better this morning when we went for radiation. Still felt rough but slightly better. Could hold down small sips of juice or water and ate some applesauce--the first food he's had since Monday morning. We all felt he was starting to come around and they even de-accessed his port thinking he wouldn't need it.

Since early evening though, it's been a steady downward slide. I want Dr. Skinner to see him. I know she's going to agree with me that this is something serious.

I know part of his hesitation about just going to the ER tonight is our lack of experiene with the hospital here in Tiny Town. It got some unfavorable press from his co-workers about the skill level and patient treatment. And we have nothing to compare that to so I don't blame him for wanting to wait to have Dr. Skinner oversee things rather than taking the luck of the draw in the ER.

I'll be surprised, though, if we can make it until morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: