Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Prayer as a Verb...

Kevin is really sick. He's in tremendous pain and vomiting horribly. Unable to be still long enough for a 10 minute radiation treatment. Too sick to keep down his chemotherapy drugs. The radiation oncologist was out of the office today and the radiologist tech agreed Kev should stay home and rest.

They think he has a virus.

Tomorrow I am going to insist he see his medical oncologist. This isn't a virus. I don't know if Kevin thinks he might be making too big a deal out of nothing or if he's just too sick to want to make the effort to go.

Nine days in and I'm reminded again of why I'm here. To intervene insistently when he won't do it or is too sick to do it.

I always wrestle with the prayer thing. I would like God to step in and handle this. I don't even want Him to show me what to do, I would like Him to do it.

I think too often I pray in nouns; "say a prayer." Sometimes I need to remember prayer as a verb; something in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: