Monday, January 28, 2008

The Forbidden Closet, Chapter Two

Kevin is at work today. Which leaves me and the closed door of The Forbidden Closet in a stare down.

As tired as Kev feels, The Forbidden Closet is bad enough that he insisted on getting out the vacuum himself when he learned Paige was coming over. Housework hasn't been at the top of our list lately so sweeping the floors was long past due.

When something has to come out of the closet, Kevin shuts himself inside while he digs for it. I can hear mumblings, thumping and an occasional curse from within. Once he's laid hands on the item, he eases himself out through the barely opened door.

I promised him that I wouldn't go into the closet; that I would give him "time to handle it."

Curiosity propels me toward the door. But sanity keeps me from opening it. I don't want to hear the chaos calling out "clean me" in the middle of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: