Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Stories, Books and Life--December 2008

December 2008--I dusted off my favorite holiday read for December--The Autobiography of Santa Claus by Jeff Guinn. Every December, one chapter a day until Christmas. I love it. I missed reading holiday stories this year with the littles in daycare. No Auntie Claus, no bear sleeping through Christmas, no pop-up Night Before Christmas story. Josh spent a couple of months with us in 2003 and we read Auntie Claus EVERY SINGLE NIGHT from Thanksgiving until December. He loved hearing about the BB&G list (Bad Boys and Girls). So I took Auntie Claus and the pop-up Night Before Christmas along for our Christmas Eve story at the farm. My sister always reads the story, complete with voices and facial animation. It's fun, everyone laughs. the bonus this year was getting to share our traditions with her exchange student sons. Kevin is still wading through The Shack and reading on his iTouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: