Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Home at Last!

We are home.

With the promise of more jello, Kevin's body kicked into fully awake mode. He had a full meal today for the first time in a week and ate a big breakfast. Dr. Francis announced this morning that he would spring him from his hospital prison.

Took a large chunk of the day to get the deed done and Kev had to endure through a few things first. The discomforts of having tubes, surgical drain and IVs removed was pretty small on his annoyance scale after the last week.

The promised lunch was snatched away when Dr. Francis ordered a CT scan before letting him leave. This bothered me--does it mean the pathology report isn't good?

I've learned not to beat myself up with questions which can be answered with a phone call. the surgical nurse tells me pathology isn't back yet and she says they wanted a baseline scan of his lungs and it made sense to do it while he was still hospitalized.

Makes sense. They compare future scans with this one to see if anything is changing. It's a simple way to eliminate suspicious areas.

Kevin was glad to eat dinner in his house, to crawl into his bed, to have both cell phone and computer within easy reach. We are thankful to be home and for how well he's recovering.

I can see God's hand in this--one more night in there and I was going to stir up the Louds just for the entertainment value. I had been thinking of snatching the pylon and leaving a ransom note. Or using it to reserve the women's bathroom for my own use.

God clearly has a special place in his heart for nurses; he spared them the pain of my impatience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: