Monday, August 3, 2009

2 Years, 15 Hours, 56 Minutes

Two years. Two years, fifteen hours and fifty-six minutes since a doctor I had never met before and have never met since told me Kevin had rectal cancer. I remember thinking, even as he was telling me about lesions and tumors and cancer and surgery, that he was doing such a good job of giving me such shitty, pardon the pun, news. And the nursing staff was fantastic. The gastroenterology suite at Home Hospital has become my benchmark place for where you want to be, who you want to deliver, stunning, life altering news.

Anyway, in honor of Kev's second cancer-versary (Not that he likes to celebrate or even recollect the date. He was blissfully under the influence of anesthetics through the worst of the day and has taken that approach as often as possible since. But the minutes, seconds of the day are permanently etched in my mind.), to mark the momentous two year occasion of being stunned, muddling through it and leaving it behind (damn those puns), I found this little gem on YouTube. A lovely tribute to the doctors he had in the beginning who set the stage for how we would get through it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N0w2rORwSc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: