Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My Karma got Hit by a Truck...

eff Karma, Fate, Nature, People, the Economy, Inter-Planetary Alignment. Whatever it is that makes things turn out the way things turn out. And toys with me in the process.

It has to be some sort of karmic kick in the rear that I score a job interview for a graphics design/layout artist position and then lose the interview in almost the same breath.

I sent in a resume on Saturday. Yesterday I was offered an interview. For a job with "digital photography experience a plus." In a company which got rave reviews in my research. A job I can so do and do so well. A job that's not 60 miles away and that needs filled immediately.

Disappointment not being in short supply, today while I'm pondering the possibility that I may have oversold myelf on my resume letting the fates mess with my confidence, the phone rings. Interview canceled. Position put on hold.

Another job lost to the economy before I even have a chance to lose it on my own lack of merit. I would at least have liked the opportunity to show them how much talent, loyalty, creativity, energy, skill and general office bonhomie they couldn't afford. (and let them know how cheaply it can actually be had...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: