Friday, February 15, 2008

A Relative Best

"As a pupil, a student, a teacher, and a priest, I have learned that "one's best" on Monday is sometimes "better" and sometimes "not as good" as one's best on Tuesday or Thursday. The best I can do today is the best I can do today, even if it's not as good as the best I did yesterday."--Father John L. Sullivan

An online conversation with a friend this week brought the little tidbit above. I initially asked if I could borrow it for those days when Kevin becomes discouraged because he thinks he should be handling treatment or side effects 'better.'

Instead, though, I am putting it here where I can find it again when I need it. For Kevin. For myself.

For those days ahead when either of us needs the reminder that our best is the best we can do on that particular day, in that particular moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: