Friday, February 8, 2008

Lenten Fridays

Cincinnati is the most Catholic place I've ever seen. I'm a convert and we're originally from an area where the whole Catholic fish fry and festival thing just isn't done much. It's an element of my Catholic initiation that has been missing.

We thought we would change that this spring. Hit up a different parish fish fry each Lenten Friday then make the summer rounds of the festivals.

Well, it's Lent and Kevin just isn't going to be up to fish fry surfing this year. Maybe next year.

He's gets tired easily and is beyond cautious about what he eats. I know he's afraid he might somehow offend his insides and end up with a digestive rebellion that sends him into the hospital and surgery.

So our fish fry trying will flounder (har, har, har) for another year. I think it's safe to assume Catholicism and fish fries will be around next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: