Saturday, September 29, 2007

Thanks from the Madwoman Within

I haven't really had a change of heart about my Madwoman Rant in last month's blog posts. Some valves need to be released before they blow the whole thing through the ceiling. I worry, though, that it's a little like a school conference session. The people who need to hear it, don't show and the people who do hear it think it's about them when it's not.

So I just want to say that if you've been reading this blog regularly chances are you aren't one of the faces etched vividly in my Madwoman mind as a Dead Dogger, IG&D or Death Sentence Sobber. Even if you've shared a story with us about your dead gerbil, your Aunt Cleo or the neighbor's sitter's second cousin's nephew. Some things are felt deeply in our hearts, with our minds engaged, and those things aren't what set off the Madwoman Within.

If you're reading this, you have stayed in touch with us, supported us in one or several of a dozen different ways, been here with us.

So thank you. Heartfelt and deeply. Thank you.

Sometimes it's the little things from unexpected places that really touch me. Valorie at church was one this week. Valorie is a personality. She is enthusiastic with a wicked humor which I enjoy very much. She says what she thinks even when she doesn't say it. She hugs people. I suspect she has her own Madwoman within and recognizes--embraces--mine. So it means a lot to me that Valorie knows I am not necessarily a hugger and she acknowledges that when we meet, along with letting me know we are, not hugging aside, ever in her and Dave's prayers. She doesn't hug me, but she sometimes tells me she would if she didn't know I might not like it.

I appreciate that sentiment at least as much as Kevin appreciates that she does hug him.


The Madwoman within me especially thanks the God for the Valories I encounter along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: