Monday, September 10, 2007

Normal Moments

I reopened the daycare today.

One family bailed on us. Said they couldn't deal with the uncertain future of Kevin's cancer. Seems he might die and throw their whole life plan into chaos.

It annoys me that I heard myself apologizing to them.

The other kids are back though. With a million questions and a million suggestions for making Kevin's recovery easier. They are thrilled with the idea of having him here in the daycare all day.

Ella arrives first in our day. My heart melted as she trotted up the sidewalk this morning with that endearing smile and her singsong voice. It was a glorious little bit of time for just the two of us before the other families arrived and our day began to jump. Ella was probably counting the moments until her pals got here. I was savoring the quite joy of enjoying her all to myself!

The morning and afternoon were spent playing in the shade of the backyard. The kids refilled birdfeeders and explored places they've missed for the last 2 weeks.

Evan tattled on Abby. Abby told Haylee she's 'too little' to play with her. Ella sat on my lap between games of Duck, Duck, Goose. Hannah and Andi brought home a pile of homework that we worked on until suppertime.

It's nice to have some normal back in our days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: