Saturday, September 8, 2007

You're Only as Big as Your Biggest Fan...

Sometimes you just need to laugh. We desperately needed to laugh after yesterday and last night Josh provided the release we needed.

I had 2 photos accepted into Columbian Park Zoo's juried art show, Fascinating Animals. It's a local show but it attracts a national list of artists. I was pleased to just make the jury cut.

Tonight was the opening of the show. I was as sure we shouldn't go as Kevin was sure we needed to get out of the house and be somewhere public where we had to think of something--anything--other than cancer.
I knew I hadn't won since I hadn't been called, but I was thrilled to discover my hummingbird photo had snagged an Honorable Mention Placing. (And a big fat gold rosette!)

I called Paige and Josh to brag a little. Paige was trying to explain to Josh that I hadn't actually won the contest but I did get an award.

"Well, no, grandma didn't WIN, but of all the pictures that didn't win, hers was the best and got a ribbon for that."

I knew Joshua had the concept down when I heard him exclaim, "Congratulations, Grandma Lorri! FIRST LOSER!"

Josh knows how to keep his granny's ego in check. You're only as big as your biggest fan perceives you to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: