Monday, January 5, 2009

Monday Morning

Struck out with getting Kevin in to see Dr. Francis in Indiana. He's overseas on a mission trip.

A few selfish thoughts of "That's great...except when it isn't. Like NOW when Kevin needs to see you.." flitted through my mind. Briefly. This was part of why we chose Dr. Francis in the first place; he defines "healer" in many ways.

With the first team unavailable, we called the local clinic. (a little side note... the same office where I interviewed for a job last month. They didn't hire me. Should make for an interesting appointment, though. I get to see what I would have been doing being done by someone actually qualfied to do it...) One of the doctors saw Kevin last January when he was in the hospital here so Kev's already on the patient list and much of the detail work is in place.

They can't see him, though, until a week from Wednesday. (Apparently they should have hired more people...) He says he'll just be very careful about what he eats. Let's hope that's enough. I'll call his oncologist and get her to intervene if things get worse. What I'm not going to do is sit around like last year until he's horribly sick.


In the meantime, c'mon over for supper. I have big pot of ham and beans that Kevin isn't going to be eating. Good thing I hadn't made the cornbread yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: