Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Job, Weather or Not

Kevin is in his happy weather zone. He loves storms of any sort.

Issued by The National Weather ServiceCincinnati/Wilmington, OH 3:25 pm EST, Tue., Jan. 27, 2009
... A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 12 PM EST WEDNESDAY.
A MIX OF SNOW... SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN WILL CHANGE TO FREEZING RAIN THIS EVENING. THE WINTRY PRECIPITATION WILL CHANGE BACK TO SNOW EARLY TOMORROW MORNING... AND THEN TAPER OFF FROM WEST TO EAST TOMORROW AFTERNOON.
TWO TO FOUR TENTHS OF AN INCH OF ICE ACCUMULATION ALONG WITH AN ADDITIONAL 1 TO 3 INCHES OF SNOW AND SLEET WILL OCCUR OVERNIGHT. ANOTHER 1 TO 3 INCHES OF SNOW CAN BE EXPECTED ON WEDNESDAY.
TOTAL SNOW AND SLEET ACCUMULATION FOR THE ENTIRE EVENT WILL BE 8 TO 12 INCHES.
A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW... SLEET... AND ICE ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. THIS WILL MAKE TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS OR IMPOSSIBLE.


We woke up to about 5 inches of snow this morning. The rain and sleet started around 3 this afternoon and continues tonight. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the morning. Typically a few inches of snow would shut this place down, add ice into the mix and we may be out for a few days. As as you can see at the top of the weather notice, the NWS has an office located here in Wilmington. It seems ironic somehow that the NWS is located in a place which seems to react so vulnerably to winter weather. I don't know what I expected...a tough guy shrug and a "oh, bad weather doesn't bother us in Wilmington; we have the NWS office right at the edge of town." Like it gives off some invisible weather barrier or something!

I have a job interview tomorrow with a local camp program. About a 10 minute drive from here. We'll see if they close the roads down out in the county. I'm all geared up for the interview so I hope it's not postponed. Wish me luck--they're looking for someone to assist in scheduling and general organizational tasks. Part time. Decent pay for the hours. Work in a program serving children but not actually with children. An integrated program of local day campers, inner city kids and MRDD programs from surrounding counties. There are some medical camps too. Plus an entire other aspect I wouldn't be serving too much which focuses on corporate training programs. I think it would be a perfect fit; me for the job, the job for me. We'll see if I can convince them I'm wonderful.

Don't look so damn skeptical. I've pulled off bigger tricks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: