Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow Day

The snow/sleet/snow combo killed my interview today. We've rescheduled for Friday morning. The county went to a Level 3 Snow Emergency in the wee hours of the morning and Kevin's phone went bonkers with people calling about getting in to work. We probably got 10 inches of snow total with 3/4 of an inch of ice in the middle.

With Kev at work 12 or 14 hours a day (and catching up on email once he gets home), I'm getting a little tired of my own company. I know it's bad when I turn on the TV and get lost in a fantasy where I'm sitting on Dr. Phil's stage and he's asking me about the alphabetized cans of soup in my pantry.

I lured up some company by filling the bird feeder close to the bedroom window. Who says you can't buy friends? The squirrels came in droves. The birds are harder. I don't understand why they don't understand there are no free lunches. If they want the good stuff on the feeder, I get to take a picture. Full frontal and those mousy looking sparrows better bring some of their more colorful cousins.
I got a few pictures. The snowy backyard, Kevin throwing out seed this morning to watch it bounce on the ice all the way down to the woods, ice almost an inch thick on the bushes and feeder hook. The best shot came after I had been sitting in front of the open bedroom window for an hour, fingers going numb from cold, camera on a tripod. Drooping below the feeder, like a furry icicle, was the squirrel's snow covered tail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: