Saturday, May 31, 2008

Shoulda beens...

The end of May. It's late tonight--the VERY end of May.

The school year of daycare should be ending. And the summer session--relaxed in rules but hectic in activity--should be beginning. Kevin and I should again be debating the "when" of moving me permanently to Ohio, the pool should be filled and the beach towels brought down from the attic.

My weekdays should smell of bugspray and sunscreen, there should be a growing supply of used popsicle sticks next to the sink and an ongoing stickiness to the little hands that hold mine on walks.

I should be organizing photos for the county Open Show and gritting my teeth while helping Madi and Hannah with their 4-H sewing projects.

Tonight I was aimlessly thumbing through a collection of scripture passages while thinking about all the "shoulds" I expected life to be at this time. When I looked down at where my restless fingers had landed I found:

"To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under the sun..." from Ecclesiastes.

Even our unspoken prayers are heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: