Monday, May 19, 2008

Window Peeper, Part II

A few weeks ago we had a morning window peeper. Given my rather boring days, I briefly considered putting the peeper on a regular schedule of visits and having him fill out a W-4 for payroll deductions. This plan was squelched when I realized my peeper was a little squirrely. As in gray squirrel. Rodent.

Apparently the word has gotten out in the wildlife world that we're an easy mark. The last week or two has brought a nightly raid on the feeder at our window. Sometimes there are repeated raids in one night over the course of several hours. And the guy is bringing friends. Two and three at a time. Morning light brings a mess of toppled and empty feeders.

Given the nocturnal nature of the raids it's been hard to get a photo. Last night, though, we set up a little sting operation and caught the ring leader in action.

I'm expecting a woodland picket line out on the back porch soon. The squirrels, the downey woodpeckers and the raccoons all marching for feeders endlessly filled with $12 a bag "Fruit and Nut Delight."

I wonder if Buckley Brothers has a frequent fillers program.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: