Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Is Pepcid an Entre or Dessert Course?

Kevin was practically giddy this morning. He had a day long techie meeting scheduled in Dayton and was like a kid in a candy store.

I was worried about him driving so far alone the second day of chemotherapy, having a long day then driving home. He was more concerned about dragging along the appropriate electronic toys and gadgetry.

Packed a bag with the snacks he would need to push off that between meals nausea, something safe for his lunch, juice, water and a requested candy bar.

Unpacked a bag with the snacks, the safe lunch, juice and water.

"What did you do about snacks and lunch today?"

"Oh. Well, I ate some."

"Oh? I just unpacked a full bag, minus one candy bar."

"Oh. I had some candy bars. And a little pizza. Five pieces. And I really pushed the liquids."

I raise an inquiring eyebrow.

"Pepsi."

Betcha he wants Gold Star Chili for supper.

Sometimes it's better to just go along. I can have Pepcid as dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: