Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Trust Bill to Finish Your Prayers

Kevin feels bad when he falls asleep mid-prayer. And it happens a lot these days.

His friends Bill and Dolly gave him this rosary. Bill died a few years ago after a long health battle. I'm convinced that Bill finishes those prayers when Kevin is too tired to get through them on his own.

Seven days and Kevin is still pretty done in from the last treatment. Just beat.

He eats a little because I fix it and sit in front of him. But the nausea keeps him from eating much and he says the bad taste in his mouth makes everything waiver between bland and nasty.
He's not sleeping well either. His side of the bed is lit by the glow of either computer, iTouch or Blackberry. Thank you, Lord, for electronic toys. They keep his mind off that circular path of "I'm so tired/I can't sleep."

In the mornings I wake up tangled in his rosary because he's finally fallen asleep in the midst of prayers. I set the beads on the nightstand and know his prayers are completed. Thanks, Bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: