Friday, March 14, 2008

Neulasta and a New Address

Kevin had a Neulasta injection today. Dr. Skinner scheduled it Tuesday when I mentioned he had had Neulasta once a month while in treatment in Lafayette.

She doesn't want to rock the boat of what worked well for him in the past. I think she respects that he's on a tentative edge about even being there.

I agree. And Neulasta so far has not caused Kevin the pain and great discomfort it causes for some people. He has some aching in his bones but nothing overwhelming. He says it just fades into the general blur of ache that goes with the entire chemotherapy week.

We will be heading for Lafayette soon. I have empty boxes and packing tape loaded into the truck. It's hard to believe I am officially moving out of the house. Guess I'm going to have to finally learn my new street address in Ohio. I was asked for it when signing up for something the other day and my mind just went empty.

I'm concerned about Kevin making such a long trip so soon after chemotherapy and enduring days that will be filled with the hard work of moving.

On the other side, though, I am pleased we have a good reason to be at St. Tom's for Palm Sunday. I had been convincing myself that Palm Sunday at St. Columbkille would work out just like Ash Wednesday did; that I wouldn't miss the St. Tom's approach to the liturgy as much as I thought I would.

I'm glad I don't have to put it to the test!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: