Sunday, March 9, 2008

The Good Life

Apartment life has its advantages.

Fourteen inches of snow is heavy stuff. Or so I remember from previous winters.

Nowdays the heaviest thing about snow is dusting off the welcome mat in hopes the newspaper guy will land the morning paper where it can be reached without having to get my socks wet.

The snow removal team showed up bright and early. Brought the big guns today, a full blown front end loader instead of the little bobcat. Four guys with shovels and a front end loader. For a parking lot that parks maybe 15 cars.

Kevin enjoyed the overkill though. Guys like big machines. He was hoping they would ask him to play too. I could see it in his face.

They cleared the sidewalks, even shook out the doormat and carefully retrieved the wet newspaper from it's nest in the bushes. They excavated a careful path to the driver's door of our truck.

I am a natural born apartment dweller. God made me this way and I've found my calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: