Thursday, March 6, 2008

Chicago


Well, this is just great. I am twenty floors above Michigan Avenue--Chicago's famed Magnificent Mile--and I'm sick. I have the flu or something. At least the bed is comfortable, the view out our windows is good and the windows open so I can get some fresh air.

Thankfully Kevin is busy at a conference today so he isn't missing an opportunity to explore the city or staying in the room with me and my germs. We are supposed to meet work connections of his for supper tonight. I think I'll have to beg off this one. Having the cab pull over so I can heave in the street in front of Prada isn't really the mark I would like to leave on this town.


I'm thankful Kevin felt well enough to come to this conference. Last fall he told me one of his goals was to be able to come to this one and be one his feet, looking healthy. He's come to the room a couple of times today for a brief rest but kept up with the day just fine. He even went for a walk out on Michigan Avenue. I asked if he stopped in at Tiffany's to surprise me. That drew a blank look--clearly he doesn't know about Tiffany's. But he did go to WalGreen's and buy me PeptoBismol. The man is a saint. And he knows me well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: