Friday, November 2, 2007

Mid-Treatment Check-up

Mid-treatment check-up.

Travis came over to stay with the littles this morning while I went with Kevin. We are so appreciative of the way our family has come together to help and the patience the daycare parents have shown with our tag team of caregivers.

He and Gina don't have children so I was a little worried about how he would do with the sudden immersion in a herd of littles.

No one came to harm and he left with a few good stories.

Haylee wowed him--as she does nearly everyone--with her vocabulary and observation.

Kevin is doing well. The oncologist didn't really have much to add. I did notice that she asked him questions then watched me while he answered. I think she's trying to gauge if he's holding out and feeling more miserable than he lets on. She is better in these "encounters" than we expected; more personable, unrushed and interested in how he's feeling physically and emotionally.

She even asks how his caregiver is holding out and reminds us it's a mutual effort.

Sometimes I wonder if she knows how disruptive things seem around the corner in the infusion area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: