Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Unknown Connections

Clark Gallery at the Honeywell Center sold another photo! "Garden Jewel" (hummingbird) So I have one left hanging, the photo of the flooded Wabash as a mist is rolling in over the fields.

"Through the Garden Window," "Verse," and "Winter Cardinal" sold from the Hubbard gallery over the weekend.
A gratifying showing overall.

I was thinking today about the connection between a photographer and a buyer. I rarely meet the people who buy my photos. The only apparent connection we have is a photo. But there has to be something more. There has to be a connection between why I took the photo and why someone buys the photo. A feeling, a similar moment lived, a memory preserved, rekindled. Something unknown yet recognized.
"There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer."--Ansel Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: