Saturday, November 8, 2008

Home from Indiana.

Had several things in a show opening at the Hubbard Gallery of the Library in Clinton County. The framed prints were already hung when we got there on Friday and looked good. There isn't a lot of photography in this show, more paintings though. We took matted shots and art cards over on Friday morning along with the Santa figures.

I was less than thrilled with this year's Santas. It just felt more like effort year. But they got a good response during the opening reception Friday night so maybe I'm not seeing them the way other people do. I made one large piece this year and he sold soon after the reception opened.
We stayed long enough Saturday to go to the evening Mass over in Lafayette. We debated about staying and were pleased when we did and Father Patrick was the celebrant. He's a talented homilist as well as a dear friend.

It feels good to be home tonight. I really appreciate my father and Mary letting us stay in their home when we're in town, but it's nice to be together in our own little space tonight. Kevin is already asleep. He still gets tired easily and we've done a lot of travel in recent weeks. I'm hoping he sleeps late tomorrow.
There's glittery "snow" scattered across the carpet and bits of raw wool from Santa's beard are still floating through the air. I'll think about tackling those tomorrow--tonight I'm going to settle in with some recipe books. Think about sugar cookies, baklava and raspberry fudge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: