Sunday, October 14, 2007

A Leap In Faith or Foolishness?

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you" Deu 31:6

Do not be afraid or terrified.

I read this early this morning and thought "Bullshit."

I am afraid of cancer. Afraid of the changes it demands in our lives. Afraid to go and afraid to stay.

Kevin's initial argument that our friends, family, our support system are here is a solid point. And we've needed the presence of these people. He doesn't want us to be alone, he doesn't want me to feel alone.

And then I see how much effort it costs him just to go to the clinic here and I know there has to be a better place for him in his treatment.

And we won't be alone.

I don't know if this is a leap of faith or foolishness. There haven't been many obvious "right" answers in much of the recent months.

I do know there are some things we take with us wherever we go. Our beliefs, our faith, that God will not leave us alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: