Sunday, September 6, 2009

Architecturally Unsound

Having agreed to the hysterectomy my doctor has been lobbying for this past year, I was annoyed beyond belief to learn that step one was yet another exam. This time to determine just what type of hysterectomy is called for.

"What do you mean you need to have another look to decide what kind of surgery is best? You've been there, what, 14 times in the last twelve months and you've never once thought, 'You know, if I was remodeling this place, I would....'? Really?? When I get invited to lunch at a new place I'm looking at the house as I pull up front and thinking 'What this place needs is a porch. I would knock out that...' While I'm sipping my lemonade I'm comtemplating how I would get more light in the room by enlarging the window and adding some supporting columns. And I'm not an architect. You ARE a surgeon. And you've never once in fourteen visits put mental pen to paper to plan this particular remodel?"

"Hey. I was busy trying to keep the place from falling down completely until you decided to let me take a serious shot at salvage. Think construction project instead of remodel."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: