Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Leave Your Troubles Behind...

I'm killing the hours, minute by painful minute, until morning brings Kate's surgery and the arrival of a new little person in our family.

I've already confessed to being a rotten waiter. I'm no longer apologizing for it. I think God and I have worked out an agree to disagree position on the merit of patience.

I do a mental review of the day and evening. A whirlwind of putting away from our trip over here for Kevin's appointment, accompanied by a parallel whirlwind of packing for my trip back over here today.

Went to Mass on campus tonight, which was absolutely amazing. I'm always awed by the college students at St. Tom's. And Father Patrick's homily made me think, which is what a homily ought to do.

The laugh of the day, the week, possibly the month, came tonight when our friend Patrick K. (he who often gave us the only smiles we had some days last year with his daily emailed joke during chemotherapy) asked about Kevin. We talk about what the doctor had to say then Patrick deadpans, "So Kevin's troubles are all behind him now?"

Kevin laughed out loud when I called him after Mass and replayed the scene. I plan to scan in the full color photos Dr. Francis provided of Kev's inner workings and add Patrick's caption.

This could be the start of a line of greeting cards just for recovering colorectal cancer patients.
"Leave Your Troubles Behind"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: