Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Embracing the Child of *OD

The blog has a groupie. Well, more detractor than fan, but a regular visitor nonetheless. Someone who dug up the blog on a search or saw it on someone else's blogroll or knows someone who knows someone who knows a friend of mine with the blog address. Some distant, cyber out-there, writer who is determined to save me from me.

The blog groupie believes everything happens because God planned it to happen that way. He's mightily worried that I mostly don't think it's a plan at all, but rather a perfect storm of God-gifted free will which lands any one of us where we are at any given moment.

I moderate comments the blog receives so Mr. *OD'S Plan gmailer hasn't gotten any press here. I even stopped publishing posts for a while thinking the lack of content (apparently the lack of relevant content wasn't a deterent) would send him packing. Hasn't happened so I'll be posting again and probably going back to publish those weeks of unpublished posts.

I love that the blog groupie doesn't write "God," he writes "*OD". He thinks it offends God when people write G-o-d. He filled multiple comment boxes with a dissertation urging me to repent and be a "child of *OD."

I'll continue to risk my salvation, and possibly yours, by spelling God with a "G" and wondering out loud if He doesn't agree with me that some people could benefit greatly from a sharp twack on the noggin.

To be honest, I'm tickled pink that my commentor cared enough to do a daily drive through. He's been more consistent about visiting than I am about posting. He's also missed the fact that I am completely and dangerously bored most days and find him even more entertaining than the 4-footed window peepers I encouraged this time last year.

I'm going to embrace my inner Child of *OD. It's so me. I'm think of putting it on a t-shirt.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good idea!

    I'm not surprised you have a "groupie", Lorri. I suspect you have a few. Not everyone who a blog comments on it. I rarely comment on the blogs I follow, except if the Spirit moves me. That's the Spirit of GOD, not to be confused with the spirit of ODD, or the one that used to shows up on Fridays some time between the middle of February and the beginning of April. That's the spirit of COD, whose followers aren't groupies but groupers.

    ReplyDelete

Comments: