Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Soccer Season

Watching Joshua play soccer reinforces my total and utter bias as his grandmother. I am certain he is the most skilled, most team oriented and best looking kid on the field.

I'm his grandmother; it's what I do.

His team this season is the MetroStars in the under 8 league. I worked on elevating my status as a "cool" granny by creating a team graphic and ironing it onto a t-shirt for him.

It's ridiculously gratifying to have this 6 year old boy think I hung the moon. Just for him.

We can't make all of his soccer games. We can't even make it to most of them. But I don't think he's going to remember what we missed. I think he'll remember when we were on the sidelines cheering, the photos I took and the "way cool" t-shirts.

2 comments:

  1. Just the other day, Josh said to me "Momma, don't you think if G'ma and G'pa loved me they would be at ALL of my games?" I looked him square in the eye and said "Yes, Josh, I do, but obviously they don't love you."

    He cried.

    Then, with a stiff upper lip, he said "Well, at least I got this way cool t-shirt."

    You can thank my older sister for giving me the link to the blog.

    ReplyDelete

Comments: