Sunday, September 7, 2008

MOG

Mass on the Grass at St. Tom's. The ages old tradition of officially welcoming the return of Purdue's student parishioners with an outdoor Mass on the mall lawn at Purdue.

Rose brought Hannah, Andrea and Evan over to sit with us. We chatted with Patrick, Zelda and Charlotte afterwards.

I sat there this evening looking over the crowd, a mix of students and resident parishioners, and marveled at the diversity of the group. A young couple caught my eye as they wove their way through the groups sitting on the lawn. They looked like they had been plucked right out of a campus photo from the late 60's or early 70's. Long hair on him. An ankle skimming gown and band circling her head for her.

"THIS is what I love about the campus--it takes all kinds," I thought to myself.

Then I looked a little more closely at the couple.

"Oh! That's OUR kind" popped into my mind as Kate and James joined us!

It was nice to have them with us for Mass. A late summer evening outside. Friends and family gathered around. The wonder of the Mass.

How blessed we have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: