Monday, August 25, 2008

Autumn Herald

Being away even for as little time as a weekend, lets us see things with new eyes.

Whether it's the lack of rain or a herald of changing seasons, we were surprised by the leaves on the ground near the woods. A hint of autumn color is beginning to show in places and we noticed the deer are becoming downright chunky after a summer of plenty.
One of the does came up to feed in the cool of the morning today. She is without her fawns this morning and she sizes me up quickly. My computer and I are no threat to her time out. She enjoys raiding the feeders for breakfast as surely as I enjoy watching.
A lone leaf drifted down from the trees just in time for me to snap it with my camera. It reminds me of what I like about this time of year--the colors, smells, sounds, the slowing down of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: