Monday, December 17, 2007

Popcorn Tears

Hannah and Andi folded and stamped the remaining Christmas cards tonight. It's one of those annual things they love doing.

I love to watch them. A few years ago when this began, it was a very hands on event for me. Trying to stay one step a head of eager little hands. Gradually they've taken over this part of the task entirely. My job is to provide popcorn, drinks and a Christmas movie for our after-cards celebration.

I have gotten six more of these evenings than I expected when Kevin began to work in Ohio. That's a good number; we've made some serious memories they can take into their grown up years.
The years with the littles, especially these two beautiful girls, have been a blessing.

I am thankful.

I am also sad and I lie to the girls about getting popcorn salt in my eyes as I wipe away tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: