Friday, October 24, 2008

Photo Identification

Doing my Happy Dance tonight. The Honeywell Center in Wabash, Indiana, has hung 3 of my photos in their annual photography show. Out of 309 entries, the judge choose to hang 87 photos.

And 3 are mine (she said, with an inappropriate lack of humility!)

Last year I entered 3 pieces and 1 was hung in the show. This year I'm 3 for 3.

I take hundreds, maybe thousands, more photos than I ever print. Hundreds more than I even keep stored on my trusty external hard drive. I print a few for scrapbook pages for Josh and the girls. Of the few I print for me or to exhibit, I remember something of each photo--something about why I took it; where I was, what brought me to that place, why I liked that shot. The technical details often elude me--exposure settings, lighting. But each time I print a shot, I think about why I took it. I identify with it's story, it's heart.

But enough of the violins and heart pulls about why I like my photos. Tonight I'm indulging in a little self-centered happy dancing simply because someone else likes them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: