Thursday, July 31, 2008

Sticky Tape Thursday

The fawns came out to play today. One little guy was intrigued with the spray from the garden hose and inched his way up the hill.

The fawns are more curious now and venture beyond their mother's limits. Mama doe has apparently decided it's easier to boss me around than her children--she lets me know if I'm too close by stomping the ground with her front feet and making short charges toward me.

I'm afraid of her even if her kids aren't; my camera and I retreated to the safety of the patio.

Trying to capture a decent shot of the fawns is a good distraction. We're still waiting on the PET results. Time lulls me into what I hope is a deserved sense of security--overall in this year of cancer treatment, no news has been good news.

Kevin continues to heal from having his port removed. We eased the last of the steri-strips off today to avoid having them totally stuck in the returning hair. The welts on his skin and leftover tape residue are reminiscent of previous Thursdays during chemotherapy.

I'll crawl into bed tonight with a prayer that today is the last Sticky Tape Thursday Kevin will endure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: