Thursday, July 24, 2008

Kevin the Hero

Kevin is my hero.

For so many reasons.

Today he realized I was talked out by the conversational tenacity of a six year old. So, in true hero fashion, he gave me some chatter free time by packing up Josh and their bikes for a ride on the Little Miami Trail.

The guys rode about 40 minutes on one leg of the 70+ mile trail.

Josh was excited when a "wild" deer leaped across the trail in front of them. He's apparently realized there's a distinct difference between foraging in the woods for your existence and showing up nightly to raid the feeder filled by the nice people.

Kevin was pleased to get to ride under the bridge known in our home as "the scary bridge" and get a chance to see the engineering of it from below. He gets tired easily but biking is easier for him than walking; less wear on those healing nerves in his feet.

And me? I had big intentions. I was going to have a quiet bath. Maybe read a book without
pictures in it. Watch a TV channel where there is no animation and no one tries to knock another person off a revolving platform with enormous padded clubs.

Instead I fell asleep sitting in the backyard. I woke up with a feeling that someone was watching me--sure enough there was a doe with 2 fawns next to the trees.

I could see envy on her face; she wanted to trade places with me, just for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: