Friday, February 5, 2010

Dear So and So....

Dear Winter--Thank you for returning in your snow white persona. I was, quite frankly, sick of your dull gray garb and bone chillling dampness. And it was particularly gracious of you to time your return with my not having to go into the office.---Appreciatively, Hoping for a Snow Bound Weekend

Dear Primary Care Physician--Yes, I understand that it's much less costly to you to farm out my lab work to the local hospital. However, my insurance carrier sees it in an entirely different light and what used to cost me a $25 co-pay now takes a $275 bite out of my pocket.--Disgusted Patient Who Expects You to Make Freakin' Good Use of Those Two Vials at $137.50 Each

Dear Local Hopsital--Really, I don't know how you get away with it. First the inflated lab visit then the CT for Mr. L. that cost a full 60% more than his last PET/CT. Granted the PET/CT was done in a truck parked behind the building but, still, it's not like your radiology department is in the Taj Mahal or something. I'm not sure how you talked our insurance carrier into this contract but expect that gravy train to leave town when it's time to renegotiate.--Regards, Bug Eyed Patient Staring at the Bill

Dear Mail Carrier--I know you don't write 'em, you just deliver. But, seriously, take a day off. I hear it's going to snow, take a weather day. I'm not up for more mail from the money hoarders local hospital.--Anxious Postal Patron

See Kat for more Dear So and So. Dear So and So...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: